Several state agencies have set up websites that can help seniors -- and anyone -- who has been victimized by fraud, or to help educate the public on how to avoid becoming a victim. If you are a senior or caregiver be sure to check out the following state websites and publications:
- Ask DORA, a consumer protection website from the Department of Regulatory Agencies. Be sure to check out their Senior$afe page.
- Stop Fraud Colorado, a consumer protection website from the Colorado Attorney General's Office. Includes topics of interest to seniors including mail fraud, Medicaid fraud, common scams, investment fraud, and more.
- Quick Guide for Seniors and Caregivers, from the State Publications Library
- Seniors and Consumer Fraud, from the Colorado State University's Family and Youth Institute
- Senior Security: Avoiding Scams and Frauds in Colorado, a 2001 videocassette available for checkout from our library. A follow-up video, Master of the Transaction: Senior Security II, is also available.
- Respecting Our Elders: A Statewide Action Plan to Combat Senior Fraud, from the Colorado Attorney General's Office